SIR. The Label
Notification Time: 1-7 days
Estimated Rewards Approval: Up to 100 days
- 2% Rewards for Sale Items and Pre-existing customers
- 3% Rewards for New customers
- Rewards are eligible for the purchse of, but not the redeeming of, gift vouchers
Acclaimed Sydney fashion label SIR. The Label was founded by best friends Nikki Campbell and Sophie Coote. The founders are dedicated to working alongside our partners to ensure responsible business practices are in place to reflect our fundamental brand values of integrity and transparency.
Values at SIR. are anchored by people and planet; they are dedicated to operating in a manner that is empowering of all people who come into contact with their supply chain while being conscious of our planet.
All SIR. makers are audited based on the following internationally recognised standards: WRAP; ISO; SEDEX SMETA; OCS (ORGANIC CONTENT STANDARD); SAI; OEKO-TEX; GOTS (GLOBAL ORGANIC TEXTILE STANDARD); INDEPENDENT CERTIFICATION BODIES AUDIT; SETU; USDA; OIE FIVE FREEDOMS; ISO 9001/ SEDEX SMETA by SGS. Before engaging with manufacturing partners, SIR. undertakes a thorough examination of the practices held at the company to guarantee their standard meets their values organisationally.
In February 2018, SIR. Directors Nikki Campbell and Sophie Coote initiated a partnership with Batchelor Institute for Indigenous Tertiary Education after a trip to The Northern Territory. The Batchelor Institute is a not-for-profit organisation that ‘brings together Indigenous Australian traditions of knowledge and Western academic disciplinary positions and cultural contexts, and embraces values of respect, tolerance and diversity.' In June 2020: SIR. and The Batchelor Institute continued their partnership with the development of an ongoing tiered mentorship program with Institute students, comprising of lectures with the SIR. team to help students understand the various aspects of a fashion house, from design to day-to-day business operations. SIR. is committed to expanding their existing relationship with the Batchelor Institute for Indigenous Tertiary Education to include ongoing support with a multi-tiered immersive mentorship program.
SIR.’s Key Sustainability Initiatives:
- stock limited quantities of seasonal product, only re-ordering styles as required to reduce unnecessary waste and limit their environmental impact.
- work with a made to order business model with their makers to avoid over ordering and waste.
- All knitwear is woven piece by piece resulting in limited fabric waste per item.
- Excess stock is donated to one of their apparel partners who help to empower women in need – Thread together, Worn for good, Dress for success or The Red Cross.
- In 2020 SIR. converted to Biodegradable ecommerce satchels.
- The company are currently in testing to convert all of their incoming and outgoing packaging to be 100% biodegradable by early 2022.
- While SIR are in the process of converting to 100% biodegradable packaging, all current packaging is taken to a recycling facility to ensure it is processed responsibly.
SIR.’s Sustainability Goals:
- Eliminate single use plastic in stores and on set by February 2021.
- Introduce 100% recyclable packing by March 2021. Including tissue paper, stickers, packing tape.
- Reduce office general waste by 70%, making 80% of office waste compostable by early 2022.
- Transition incoming and outgoing packaging to be to 100% biodegradable by early 2022.
These ambitions are monitored quarterly, and are updated as SIR. make progress and set more goals.